Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Pro*C Compile error on HP-UX 11.23 w/ Oracle 9.2.0.5

kim_43
Occasional Visitor

Oracle Pro*C Compile error on HP-UX 11.23 w/ Oracle 9.2.0.5

Hello,

We encountered problem making HP-UX Itanium 32bit application.
Oracle version is 9.2.0.5 Database.

ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "slcdalloc" in file /oracle/9i/lib32//libclntsh.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "slcdfree" in file /oracle/9i/lib32//libclntsh.so

When we tried it on demo program, same error occurs.
Could you look at this?

KI-JUNG KIM

------------------------------------------
@oracle [/oracle/9i/precomp/demo/proc]
$ make -f demo_proc32.mk sample2
make -f /oracle/9i/precomp/demo/proc/demo_proc32.mk OBJS=sample2.o EXE=sample2 build
make -f /oracle/9i/precomp/demo/proc/demo_proc32.mk PROCFLAGS="" PCCsrc=sample2 I_SYM=include= pc1
proc iname=sample2 include=. include=/oracle/9i/precomp/public include=/oracle/9i/rdbms/public include=/oracle/
9i/rdbms/demo include=/oracle/9i/plsql/public include=/oracle/9i/network/public

Pro*C/C++: Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production on Fri Mar 19 13:26:24 2004

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

System default option values taken from: /oracle/9i/precomp/admin/pcscfg.cfg

cc +Olibmerrno +Ofast +Olit=all +DSblended +Oshortdata=8 +O2 -DSLS8NATIVE -DSLU8NATIVE -DBUILD32 -I. -I/oracle
/9i/precomp/public -I/oracle/9i/rdbms/public -I/oracle/9i/rdbms/demo -I/oracle/9i/plsql/public -I/oracle/9i/network/publ
ic -DHPUX -D_REENTRANT -DHPUX_KTHREAD -DSLXMX_ENABLE -DSLTS_ENABLE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -DSS_64BIT_SERVER -DBIT64 -
DMACHINE64 -DORAIA64 -DHPUX_IA64 -mt -c sample2.c
Error (future) 355: "sample2.c", line 226 # Function 'main' must return type 'int'.
void main()
^^^^
Warning: 1 future errors were detected and ignored. Add a '+p' option to detect and fix them before they become f
atal errors in a future release. Behavior of this ill-formed program is not guaranteed to match that of a well-formed pr
ogram
cc -o sample2 sample2.o -L/lib/hpux32 -L/oracle/9i/lib32/ -lclntsh `cat /oracle/9i/lib32/ldflags` `cat /oracl
e/9i/lib32/sysliblist` -lm
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "slcdalloc" in file /oracle/9i/lib32//libclntsh.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "slcdfree" in file /oracle/9i/lib32//libclntsh.so
2 warnings.
2 REPLIES
lsshiu
Occasional Visitor

Re: Oracle Pro*C Compile error on HP-UX 11.23 w/ Oracle 9.2.0.5

Hi,
If you need to compile 32 bit application, you need to check your environment setting such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH and SHLIB_PATH. Add $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 to those setting should work

David

Re: Oracle Pro*C Compile error on HP-UX 11.23 w/ Oracle 9.2.0.5

I don't know much about oracle or Pro*C but here's how you can fix these kind of problems.

1) Locate the library that defines these symbols, try something like this:

# cd /oracle/9i/lib32/
# nm -A *.so | grep -e slcdalloc -e slcdfree

From the output, see if you can find the library that has lines like
....FUNC |GLOB |0| .text|lib????.so:slcdalloc
....FUNC |GLOB |0| .text|lib????.so:slcdfree

If you find a library that has these symbols then you can goto 2, else I don't know how to fix it :-)

2) Add this library to the makefile [/oracle/9i/precomp/demo/proc/demo_proc32.mk], say after -lclntsh [ -l???? ]

Hope this works for you
-Kiran