1748239 Members
3693 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle RAC 10g on HP11.23PARisc 64bit

wipro_1
Occasional Contributor

Oracle RAC 10g on HP11.23PARisc 64bit

Attaching the failed re-reqs. Can someone help to figure out which failed patches or package are safe to ignore ?

thanks
7 REPLIES 7
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

How about "All". You can't install the ANSI C compiler patches unless you have licensed the compiler. However, you don't need the full compiler unless you are compiling application code. I would believe that the same argument applies for the Fortran compiler. I'm afraid that the Oracle Installer has a bad habit of "assuming".

I would refresh the server with the most current standard patch bundle for 11.23 from the ITRC Patch database and/or use SWA (Software Assistant) to do the same and proceed with your Oracle installation thereafter.

Regards!

...JRF...
wipro_1
Occasional Contributor

Could you please let me know which is the most current standard patch bundle for 11.23 PA RISC 64-bit V2 ?

Thanks
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

The most current, standard patch bundle for 11.23 is available here:

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/releasePage.do?BC=main|releaseIndexPage|&releaseId=0906-11.23

...or via SWA installed (you really should, but that's another subject)

Regards!

...JRF...
wipro_1
Occasional Contributor

Actually I am not sure why the managers are not allowing to apply the latest patch bundle not sure what could be the exact reason behind this?
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi (again):

> Actually I am not sure why the managers are not allowing to apply the latest patch bundle not sure what could be the exact reason behind this?

You have to ask your own management. I can tell you that the standard patch bundles are the most qualified sets of patches offered by HP. They are extensively tested in the broadest environments possible and have an exceedly good track record of being trouble-free.

As with any patch application you should take a good Ignite backup before you begin. [You never need insurance until something goes wrong :-)] Having the Ignite recovery image will allow you to restore you server in the very unlikely event that you need to do so.

If you have a development or sandbox server, you can deploy and certify the patches there before moving to production. This is always another insurance policy to have.

Regards!

...JRF...
wipro_1
Occasional Contributor

James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

If you are satisfied with the answers you received, please re-open this thread and assign points. This helps future readers discern what was and what wasn't helpful. See:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28

...JRF...