5245 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle RAC : problem with gsdctl

Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Oracle RAC : problem with gsdctl

Hi,

I just installed Oracle 9.2 RAC on two clustered nodes running hp-ux 11.11 with all required patches as given in the documentation. The installation, Linking and remote copying to the second node, Net 8 configuration everything went through successfully. when the dbca was invoked for creating the Cluster database it gave the error "gsd daemon is not running". So I manually started it on one node using the following command,

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/gsdctl start

But on the other node when I ran this command it gave me the following error,
./gsdctl start
Class not found: oracle.ops.mgmt.daemon.GSDCTLDriver

What could be the problem?. Pl. let me know if you have any idea on this.

Thanks
Karthik
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
2 REPLIES 2
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle RAC : problem with gsdctl

Hi

Check

http://www.csis.gvsu.edu/GeneralInfo/Oracle/rac.920/a96600/oeminst.htm

Server Management Requirements
Each node must meet the requirements as shown in Table 7-2 to perform Real Application Clusters-specific tasks by way of SRVM from the Console. These requirements should have been satisfied if you followed the database creation procedures described in Part I of this book, "Setup and Configuration of Oracle9i Real Application Clusters".

Table 7-2 Node Requirements
Node Requirements References
Ensure Oracle9i Enterprise Edition, with Real Application Clusters, and the Oracle Intelligent Agent are installed on each node in the cluster.
Part I of this book, "Setup and Configuration of Oracle9i Real Application Clusters".

Each instance's Oracle System Identifiers (sid) in the cluster database must be unique.
Part I of this book, "Setup and Configuration of Oracle9i Real Application Clusters".

Each node must have a tnsnames.ora file configured with a net service name entry for:

The database
Each instance
Part III of this book, "Oracle Enterprise Manager Installation Highlights for Real Application Clusters".

The listener.ora file must define a listener for each node with:

A TCP/IP address for the listener
An entry for the sid of the node's instances in the sid_LIST_listener_name section.
Part III of this book, "Oracle Enterprise Manager Installation Highlights for Real Application Clusters".

The oratab file must be configured on UNIX for the agent to discover the database.

Make sure that the Global Services Daemon is running on each managed node using the gsdctl stat command by executing it from the $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory.

On Windows NT and Windows 2000 platforms, this daemon is called OracleGSDService and you should run the gsdctl stat from the %ORACLE_HOME%\bin directory.

The srvcfg cluster configuration file must have entries for the cluster database and instances.

Regards

Steve Steel

Quote of the moment
-------------------
"We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge."
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle RAC : problem with gsdctl

Hi

I just did a rcp of the whole oracle directory to the other node and it solved my problem.
I think the problem was occuring due to a improper remote copy operations during the oracle Installation.

Regards,
Karthik
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn