108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle Workflow

SOLVED
Go to solution
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

Oracle Workflow

Anyone have thoughts or references on tuning Oracle Workflow? That is, the workflow engine and handling itself. Any pointers to links and references appreciated.
We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
3 REPLIES 3
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

For Oracle Financials - Oracle recommends running "wfupartb.sql". I've looked at its contents, and it really does nothing...

The total code that would run is below the comments as per below:

set verify off;
WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT FAILURE ROLLBACK;
WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT FAILURE ROLLBACK;
commit;
exit;

So, that's it. I don't see it doing anything at all.

In the database itself - I see partitions on WF_LOCAL_ROLES, WF_LOCAL_ROLES_TL, WF_LOCAL_USER_ROLES, WF_USER_ROLE_ASSIGNMENT
and that's it. None of those make me think that this would make workflow scream along...

Does anyone using Apps 11i having different/more partitions ?

Also, what code do you have in $FND_TOP/admin/sql/wfupartb.sql ?
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi TwoProc,

This script has been modified to do post-installed stuffs (in this particular case rollback or commit):

Rem dlam 12/04/1999 - Modified as a post-installed script

So you must run/execute/apply something else before (a patch?): I found Metalink Note 260884.1 that seems to be helpful...

Best Regards,

Eric
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

On the right track Eric - I've found patch 272156 a couple of hours after the posting (which is what your DOC ID points to). I was wondering how yourself, Yogeeraj, or Hein handled this.

It says that this patch is for sites that have high workflow tuning requirements. The good news is I have it already, all I have to do is run the scripts for analysis and follow through in a test systems and make sure it doesn't do any harm before progressing to a bigger test.

I'm going to test it in a patch db instance tonight, and follow up in this thread.

Thanks Eric!