2583 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle installation in shared storage in cluster environment

Walker_3
Frequent Advisor

Oracle installation in shared storage in cluster environment

Hi all,

I want to configure a oracle package in cluster environment. All pre-installation job has been done properly. My External storage configuration is as under:

Only one volume group for cluster=vg01
Dev/vg01/lvol1 mountpoint /u03
Dev/vg01/lvol2 mountpoint /u04
Dev/vg01/lvol3 mountpoint /u05

I installed oracle in the shared storage /u03 and /u05 for database. I did not use internal disk. I installed in primary node first and everything is working fine. Database is up and running, even client can connect to the database.

Same thing I need to do for second node. I created same user and groups for second node. Since the oracle is installed completely in shared disks I need only some parameters change in the second node to up and running oracle. But I failed to fix up the oracle from second node. The тАЬemctl start dbconsoleтАЭ command failed to start. Readme file says I need to run oracle from both nodes.

Can I configure Package in this situation? If not how can I solve this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Adisuria Wangsadinata_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

On my systems, only the database on the share storage. There's still the oracle application software on the boot disks (I put in /opt/oracle). So when the package transfer, only database that will be transfer from one node to the other. And this is the common configuration, only database that swing around the nodes.

For your configuration, it could be better if the oracle application not on the share storage, put only the database on the share storage.

Hope this information can help you.

Cheers,
AW
now working, next not working ... that's unix
Walker_3
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

As I know Oracle can be installed in two ways:--

Local Configuration

If you choose to store the configuration files on a local disk, the configuration MUST be replicated to local disks on all nodes configured to run the package. If any change is made to the configuration, the file must be copied to all nodes. As it is up to the user to ensure the systems remain synchronized, the recommendation is to put all configuration and data files on shared storage.

Shared Configuration:---

Here, the configuration and database files are on shared disks, visible to all nodes. Since the storage is shared, there is no additional work to ensure all nodes have the same configuration at any point in time. This is also the recommended configuration since there is no need for replication of changes made to the configuration file on a particular node.

So I can keep my existing configuration, right?
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Hi Walker,

Your setup can work. Is your environment the same on the both nodes? (env)
What oracle version are you using?
Can you fe startup manualy the database (svrmgrl or sqlmplus /nolog) and the listener.
Can you send the output of this command?
Walker_3
Frequent Advisor

Its ok.