4527 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle precheck script error

Sarjerao
Frequent Advisor

Oracle precheck script error

Hello
I have hp-ux 11.23 system; while running the oracle precheck script "kernelCheck9" getting error
"Memory Verification__________________
Due to OS permissions, cannot determine Physical Memory size
Setting Physical Memory size to 0
Physical Memory = 0 Kb
Swap space = 8388608 Kb
You have 0 Kb of memory.
This is NOT enough to install Oracle.
What can be wrong?
5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Oracle precheck script error

Are you running this as root?
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

the command in the script whihc calculates the memory is failed becasue of the permission problem.

identify that and it can be either run as root or depending on the command execute permission can be given to a different user.

-r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 20480 Nov 9 2000 /usr/sbin/swapinfo
e:g-
swapinfo can be run by all in this case.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

Which version of Oracle are you trying to install?

You may try to download the latest version of RDA and run it using the appropriate syntax for the pre-installation checks and validation.

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Santhosh: swapinfo can be run by all in this case.

This was only fixed on 11.11.
Ben Dehner
Trusted Contributor

I've seen the oracle pre-check scripts fail for bogus reasons, including permissions on the executables, such as 'fuser'. If adding the permissions works, great. If you're sure the check (such as memory) is okay, there's another way to work around it.

Create an executable shell script with the same name as whatever Oracle is trying to execute. Have this script output whatever makes the installer happy in the same format as the real executable. Then either put this script in the path somewhere ahead of the real executable, or temporarily replace the real executable. You'll have to use the latter if the full path of the testing executable is hardwired in the test script such as '/usr/bin/ps'.

Once I was running the installer and it complained that some Oracle process needed to be shut down. The PID that it whined about was part of EMS, and I didn't feel like opening a support call.
Trust me, I know what I'm doing