Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle10gR2 for SUSE10?

neo_isaac
Occasional Advisor

Oracle10gR2 for SUSE10?

Hi guys, can you ppl please tell me Oracle got 10gR2 that actually works on Suse10. I had downloaded 'Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0) for Linux x86' and tried installing it but no luck. the pre-requisite fails there, says this one works for SUSE-9, RHEL5 blah blah.. i have to install Oracle10g on my machine, please help me out...
2 REPLIES
Claudio Cilloni
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle10gR2 for SUSE10?

You can try to trick the pre-requisite check. I need do to so to install Oracle on Fedora 3 (not supported like SUSE 10).

the installer looks for a file (under /etc directory) that contains a simple text line showing your linux distribution version.
My Fedora-3 installation has /etc/redhat-release file that contains the line 'Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)'. I change that line in 'redhat-3' and then the installer check goes successful.

I don't know SUSE, but I think you can do something similar.

hth,
Claudio
neo_isaac
Occasional Advisor

Re: Oracle10gR2 for SUSE10?

let me try that, thanks....