Operating System - HP-UX
1752481 Members
5826 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle9.0.1 on hpux11.0 installation problem.

shi_2
Advisor

Oracle9.0.1 on hpux11.0 installation problem.

I met the following problem, when install the oracle9.0.1 on HPux11.0. I attached the related screen dumps and installation log files in the attachment.

Thanks a lot! Hope to get your help!
16 REPLIES 16
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Shi,

we have problmes opening your attachment. Please send the installation log and the error messages.

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying
shi_2
Advisor

ok,,,here with the letter is the related screen dumps....
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Shi, all I can see on the screen that you sent is

Extracting SplitPaneUI.class

78% complete.

Whats is the errors message / problem.

IA

shi_2
Advisor

ok,,,here with the letter is the related log files, thanks for your conecern and help.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi shi,

post the file: /opt/oracle/oraInventory/logs/installActions.log

this will give us an indication about the exact errors.

thanks
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi shi,

went through the logfile. quite difficult to locate the real error.

can you please post the exact errors/error messages that you are getting

regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
shi_2
Advisor

yes...I have zip and rar the log file above? could you open it?
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Shi,

Your installActions.log shows the error
├в Unable to read opt/oracle/oraInventory/Contents/OracleHomesList.ser├в .

Here are few questions for you.

Which OUI version are we using? Is it the version of the latest Oracle Installer.
OUI version is the one that comes with the original CD. Are you installing directly from the CD. From you previous post I think you are installing form the CD├в s.

Do you have any other Oracle products installed on this machine
What are the following set to.

inventory_loc=
inst_group=oinstall

Please try to install it follow the procedure given below.

Installing Oracle9i from the Hard Drive:

You can avoid the need to mount and unmount CD-ROMs during installation by copying the contents of each CD-ROM to your system├в s hard drive. You should have a filesystem that is not in use by other applications and have at least 2 GB of disk space available.

1. Copy the CD-ROMs to your system hard drive. Copy each CD-ROM to a
directory on a single mount point with the same name as the CD-ROM. For example, copy disk 1 to a directory named disk 1.

2. Start the Oracle Universal Installer. The Installer automatically finds the contents of each CD-ROM and does not prompt for the location of any CD-ROM during the course of the installation.

Oracle Universal Installer:
The following procedure describes the installation of products with Oracle Universal Installer.

1. Log in as the oracle user.
2. Start the Installer from the CD-ROM mount-point directory at the root directory level with the following command:
$ /cdrom_mount_point_directory/runInstaller
After the Installer starts, the Welcome window appears.
3. Click Next.
If this is the first time any Oracle9i products are installed on the current system, the File Locations window appears. Specify the base directory where you want to install the files.
4. Click Next.
The UNIX Group Name window appears. In the UNIX Group Name field, specify the ORAINVENTORY group. Members of this group are granted permission to update Oracle software on the system.
5. Click Next.
If the directory does not exist or is not writable by the oracle user, an Installer window appears prompting you to run the /tmp/OraInstall/orainstRoot.sh script in another terminal window as the root user. When the script has finished running, click Retry to continue the installation. The File Locations window appears. Do not change the text in the Source field. The Source field specifies the location of the installation files.
6. Enter the Oracle home directory path in the Destination field. The directory path is where you want to install Oracle9i products. If you set the ORACLE_HOME environment variable before starting the Installer, the Installer uses this directory path as the default value in the Destination field.
You must install Oracle9i products into a new Oracle home directory. You cannot install Oracle9i products into a directory that contains older versions of the software.
7. Click Next.
8. The Available Products window appears. Select the Oracle9i installation category you want to install and click Next.

I hope this helps.

I
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi again,

there is also the error quoted below:

*** File Locations Page***
FromLocation = FROM_LOCATION = /SD_CDROM/stage/products.jar
ToLocation = ORACLE_HOME = /oracle/product/9.0.1
ToName = ORACLE_HOME_NAME =
Initializing installer access setup
Error :*** Alert: Unable to create directory /oracle/product/9.0.1. You may not
have proper permission to create the directory or there is no space left in the
volume. Not able to create the 'Destination' you specified. ***

seems like a disk space problem.

do you have sufficient disk space available on the file system?

regards
yogeeraj