1748185 Members
4304 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PHP and MySQL on HP-UX

Dustin Black
Advisor

PHP and MySQL on HP-UX

I am trying to utilize the PHP and MySQL instances that came pre-installed on an HP-UX server. It seems, however, that the PHP binaries were not pre-compiled with MySQL support. When I try to reference a database via PHP with a 'mysql-connect' command, the page returns:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

phpinfo() shows the following configure command:

'./configure' '--prefix=/opt/hpws/apache/php' '--enable-so' '--with-apxs2=/opt/hpws/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-apache2=/opt/hpws/apache'

I've been working through the potential of re-compiling with php 5.0.5 and adding the '--with-mysql' option my self, but it's turned into one of those instances where every time I correct a './configure' error, another one comes up. I'm now to the point where the error says it is trying to locate the mysql client libraries. I've been searching for these for HP-UX, but I can't seem to find them to download.

Maybe I'm taking entirely the wrong approach...? Can anyone help me get MySQL working with PHP on HP-UX 11i v1?
7 REPLIES 7
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Easy...

Upgrade your HPWS (HP Web Server) to the latest version available..which will also install a later version of PHP.

You then can configure your Apache environment with webmin (http://yourserver:10000)

I am currently using Apache, MySQL and PHP and even PhpAdmin.

Hakuna Matata.
Dustin Black
Advisor

It appears that I am already running v2.13 of the HPWS, with Apache 2.0.54 and PHP 5.0.4. From the research I've done so far, the problem I am encountering should have to do with the PHP configuration, not the Apache configuration. Can you offer any further details on configuring Apache as you mentioned? I can't find anything in webmin that would appear to affect the interaction of PHP and MySQL.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

What does your test.php return:

Mine returns:

Current PHP version: 4.3.4
Hello You are not using CGI PHP

And I am able torun PHPadmin (2.6.1-pl3) with MySQL 3.23.42 perfectly.

Hakuna Matata.
Dustin Black
Advisor

Current PHP version: 5.0.4
You are not using CGI PHP
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

My phpinfo:

'./configure' '--prefix=/opt/hpws/apache/php' '--enable-so' '--with-apxs2=/opt/hpws/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-apache2=/opt/hpws/apache'

What about your php.ini file? Does it contain references at all to MySQL? The ini is in /opt/hpws/apache/conf/php.ini

My entries:

[MySQL]
mysql.allow_persistent = On
mysql.max_persistent = -1
mysql.max_links = -1
mysql.default_port =
mysql.default_socket =
mysql.default_host =
mysql.default_user =
mysql.default_password =
mysql.connect_timeout = 60
mysql.trace_mode = Off
Hakuna Matata.
Dustin Black
Advisor

The MySQL entries in my php.ini file are identical to those you listed.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Then try installing PhpAdmin on your Machine if it works with MySQL as it is working on mine. There may be some configuration steps that you need to do that I simly am forgetting..
Hakuna Matata.