Operating System - Microsoft
1752793 Members
5995 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PRB: 7200i w2k cd-creator 4 dlx

Sheldon Martz

PRB: 7200i w2k cd-creator 4 dlx

I have w2k professional with not-so-easy-cd-creator 4 deluxe installed. I installed the 4.0, then the collection of patches... ended up with 4.03a installed. The application appears to be working with one exception... it does not recognise my hp-7200i as a burner, it does however see it as a cdrom.

I have installed and re-installed... same problem. What am I doing wrong? What am I missing?

As for the firmware, I installed 3.01 long time ago.

I tested the trial version of Nero and that worked, but Easy CD Creator did not.
4 REPLIES 4
Brent Sergent
Occasional Advisor

Re: PRB: 7200i w2k cd-creator 4 dlx

Hi Sheldon
They're here to test us!
You may like to review your setup.
Your HP7200i is compatable with win2k, oringinal OEM drivers and latest firmware ver:3.01 are required.
The model of CD writer is compatable with Easy CD Creator versions 3.01a;4.0. Later versions are compatable but not officially tested.

You've installed and reinstalled the software with no success but there are somethings to note:
1. The order of the patch install.(First revision then 2nd...)
2. If you are using explorer5.5 a patch needs to be loaded
3. The expl5.5 patch is to be installed first before the ezcd creator patch's.
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/winupdates.html
4.Is the CD firmware correct?
If you find that you've already been attentive to note my findings also; try running ezcd with just version 4.0.
If version 4.0 is still not seeing your 7200i then apart from system bugs you need to contact www.roxio.com and report your issue.
You mentioned that another program works fine and therefore we can agree the CD writer works.
Careful review of these measures will reveal some clue to resolving your problem.
Regards

James_16

Hate to be pesimmistic but I have experienced that merry go round without success. driver for the cd-rom is included in W2k package. Never could get my CD-Write to function.
PC's getting better???
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

FWIW, Roxio website says that many burner issues can be resolved by installing the burner as Secondary Master with DMA off. Can't hurt to test their theory. Good luck!
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

FWIW, Roxio website says that many burner issues can be resolved by installing the burner as Secondary Master with DMA off. Can't hurt to test their theory. Good luck!

There are other suggestions on Roxio's website that may interest you so here is the URL.
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/installecdc4.html
Make a great day!

Roger