1751807 Members
4904 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Partition Magic/again

Norman_21
Honored Contributor

It seems that PM 8.0 has a problem with a computer that has two NTFS partitions?
If one partition is NTFS and the other one is FAT32 it works fine?
Read here:
http://www.dealtime.com/xPR-Powerquest_Partition_Magic_8_0_Full_Version_PC_PM80ENK1~RD-126685318788

"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Joe,

Also, like I said, you need to run the liveupdate for Partition Magic. Go here and apply the patch:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/npmagic/npmagic_8_files.html

Hope this help.
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Hi Latif, first of all, thank you for your patience. I have only one NFTS file system one C drive). I tried to download that patch, but mid way I get an error message (see attachment) I shall also sent a screen shot of my startup menu because it seems to me that it does not display all the programs that come up at the booting of the pc and some that I do not know about.
c'est la guerre
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

attachment pic of startup
c'est la guerre
Robert Rose_1

Howdy,
I had the same problems with my Compaq EVO,
After alot of research I found on other sites the fix.
It appears that Partition Magic gets in a twist if the hard disk is set to cable select.

There was no markings on the disk drive when I took it out and looked. So I moved the jumper from being horizonal to vertical across the 2 pins nearest to the

It worked fine.

Good Luck,

Rob
Robert Rose_1

Howdy,
I had the same problems with my Compaq EVO,
After alot of research I found on other sites the fix.
It appears that Partition Magic gets in a twist if the hard disk is set to cable select.

There was no markings on the disk drive when I took it out and looked. So I moved the jumper from being horizonal to vertical across the 2 pins nearest to the main conector

It worked fine.

Good Luck,

Rob
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Interesting Mr. Rose!

Joe,

As far as the attached picture. I would suggest that you keep only the printer as well as the Microsoft Office and remove the rest?

Start>Run>msconfig and untick the unwanted programs..

Hope this help
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Thanks for the info Rob, but I finally took it to a computer shop and had them recover my OS, and partition the hard drive. Everything works fine now.
c'est la guerre
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Hi Latif, thanks, I will uncheck the remaining un necessesary programs.
c'est la guerre