New Discussion юеВ

Re: Patch Installation

SOLVED
Go to solution
mehul_3
Regular Advisor

Patch Installation

Hi all,
This could be an silly question but in a hurry.
I want to install a patches namely hpux_800_11.11_12220215 and hpux_800_11.11_1222021 and when I unzipped files I extract patch_manifest, PHCO_29029, PHCO_31923 and
patch_manifest, PHCO_24777, PHKL_30398, PHNE_33315(33315) respectively.
From the above I could not see any create_depot and readme.txt for installing patches.
Pl. guide me for the specific problem.

Thanks in advance.

Mehul
4 REPLIES 4
Joseph Loo
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi mehul,

it happens sometimes. i have attached the script.

u may like to verify if there are a depot.psf file.

regards.
what you do not see does not mean you should not believe
Sandy Chen
Honored Contributor

Hi Mehul,

If you have a create_depot from other patch archives, you could used it, as long you used the patch_manifest with the list of the correct patches you wanted to install

regards,
Sandy
I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
Joseph Loo
Honored Contributor

hi,

after running the create_depot_hp-ux_11 script, a depot will be created with depot.psf stating the patches in the bundle.

u may like to report this case to HP Support as well.

regards.
what you do not see does not mean you should not believe
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

you could also have redownloaded them from the patch/firmware online database: http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/mainPage.do

If you search for the patches, you can access the online installation information from there itself.

E.g. for PHCO_29029

http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/patchDetail.do?BC=patch.breadcrumb.main|patch.breadcrumb.search|&patchid=PHCO_29029&context=hpux:800:11:11#Installation%20Instructions:

regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)