Operating System - HP-UX
1753819 Members
9409 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pavilion 6340 display problems

Erny Huntress

Pavilion 6340 display problems

I have an older computer and trying to upgrade the hard drive. I was able to Fdisk the new drive. Being a Maxtor it doesn't want to be a slave drive. So I can't use the Old drive to run format etc..
On my next boot the monitor would not come display any of the opening/startup pages.
The little green light on the monitor just blinks. When Windows 98 comes up, The monitor works just fine.
I came to this site and got the latest Bios thinking that could be the problem. No luck. I had to do it in the blind as the monitor wouldn't work. So if there is an error message I can't see it.
I have removed all the other boards ie Modem SCSI controler.
Any Ideas welcome.
Erny
It's never easy
2 REPLIES 2
Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

Re: Pavilion 6340 display problems

Erny,
Seeing as though this is the HPUX forum, we probably wouldn't have a lot of info for you about you bios. I don't get what you are asking, if you have a new drive and you can get to 98, then you installed correctly. But before the "Windows98" screen pops up you see nothing. Have you looked in you BIOS/CMOS to see if that is a configurable parameter to see the memory tests and such?

May want to submit to another group,

HH,

C
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. " Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Erny Huntress

Re: Pavilion 6340 display problems

Your right, I posted the question on another forum. thank you,
I can get to the CMOS just can't see it.
1. Hooked monitor to Laptop, and found the monitor to be working fine.
2. Thank you for getting back to me.
It's never easy