1751960 Members
4606 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pavilion Ze5400us

Patrick Silva

Pavilion Ze5400us

Hi,

I've recently bought a Pavilion Ze 5400us, in my recent visit to the USA, but i want to use this computer here in Brasil. I've bought a portuguese version of Windows XP, but now I am in need of all the drives, in the HP website there are very few drives. I think it would be possible to take them from the recovery cd, but I dont want to recover the all system but just the files where there are the drives. I've tried to open the recovery cds with Drive Image, but they are password protected. How can I do now? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: Pavilion Ze5400us

Patrick,

HP just recommends using the MS update feature. There are no OEM drivers that I can find for the ZE5400 laptop.
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?reg=&plc=&lc=en&cc=us&prodId=hppavilion353518&docName=c00034789&cat=solve

Usually the drivers are seperate on the recovery CD also so usually you can still update from the driver folder on disk 1 also.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Patrick Silva

Thanks for the answer.
But it does not solve the problem. I formated the Hard disk in order to install a new version of Windows (because it was a different language).. I was able to get all the drives i needed, but i need the program OSD (on screen display - i think), in order for me to be able to see for instance when I increase or decrease the sound, also the button of the wireless lan seems that it doesn't work, how can i have those programs?
Unfortunately the recovery cd has no drives, just the restore. Thanks
Michael Dillman
Valued Contributor

Generally, the HP recovery CD's will give you a choice once you get into the program of full or selective recovery. Selective Recovery usually lets you choose software or drivers that you want.
If at first you don't succeed, you must be installing Windows
jorge_61

Hello you can find some drivers here, http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/Notebooks/us/download/19534.html, the others driver like video, from www.ati.com.