Operating System - Microsoft
1752577 Members
4832 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pavilion zd7260 keyboard mapped wrong

Gerald Kay

Pavilion zd7260 keyboard mapped wrong

I have a zd7260 with a keyboard problem. When I press 9 I get 1234 When I press . I get ZXCV and return When I press O I get QW., Run and My computer. Crazy. On an external USB keyboard works just fine. I replaced the keyboard with a new one and the problem is still there. What should I do? Thanks! Jerry
3 REPLIES 3
Tom Leavitt
Honored Contributor

Re: Pavilion zd7260 keyboard mapped wrong

Gerald:
Try removing the keyboard from device manager while in Safe mode and then letting Windows re-install it.
Tom
Learn From History
Gerald Kay

I did the uninstall and reinstall, but that did not work. I am thinking it is more of a keyboard bios type of thing or a burnt transister. Maybe I could take a transister out of my old Magnavox handheld radio and solder it in somewhere. Hmmmm Thanks!
Robert Peake

I am having a similar problem with an hp zd7000. It appears to be a hardware defect not a driver error. In Windows XP, if I press c, I get ZXCV + enter. In Linux, I get the same key sequence without the enter key press. Since each operating system has its own keyboard driver, this is not a software issue. Just in case, I tried uninstalling the keyboard driver in XP and letting the system reinstall it. The problem persists. I am going to purchase an external keyboard which (hopefully) will overcome the problem.

Good Luck.