Operating System - HP-UX
1753479 Members
5306 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Performance Tuning of Thread Building Blocks (TBB) 2.2 on HP-UX IA64 using Caliper

johnsonjthomas
Frequent Advisor

Performance Tuning of Thread Building Blocks (TBB) 2.2 on HP-UX IA64 using Caliper

Hi,

I am trying to performance tune the TBB 2.2 library on HP-UX IA64 platform using Caliper tool. I generated the reports using Caliper. I am new to this area.Could anyone give me some suggestions or some initial steps as to move forward regarding the performance tuning?. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Johnson
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Performance Tuning of Thread Building Blocks (TBB) 2.2 on HP-UX IA64 using Caliper

What caliper reports are you using? scgprof
Where are you spending your time?
johnsonjthomas
Frequent Advisor

Re: Performance Tuning of Thread Building Blocks (TBB) 2.2 on HP-UX IA64 using Caliper

Hi Dennis,

I got all the measurements reports (alat,branch,cgprof,cpu,cstack,dcache,dtlb,ecount,fcount,fcover,fprof,icache,itlb,ktrace,pmutrace,scgprof). I also got the advise reports for these.I am kinda stuck as to where to start. I executed these measurements for one of the test examples of TBB. Could you suggest me some initial steps or something like that to start with?

Thanks,
Johnson
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Could you suggest me some initial steps or something like that to start with?

Have you looked at the Caliper documentation?
http://www.hp.com/go/caliper
Reference card
Data sheet
Webcasts and slide presentations

I would start with the scgprof and find where you are spending the most time.

After that, find where you are spending time waiting.