SOLVED
Go to solution
John McDen
Regular Advisor

Perl Tk and Perl DBI Question

When I run this

perl -Mblib t/fileevent.t
Using /wtstmp/PERL/Tk800.024/blib
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at t/fileevent.t line 123, line 77.

it just hangs there for ever and then I have to abort it, all the other test goes fine..

And also when I try to compile Perl DBI it gives me this error
perl orac_dba.pl
Can't locate loadable object for module Tk::Event in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/perl/lib/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi /opt/perl/lib/
5.6.1 /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1 /opt/perl/lib/site_perl .) at /opt/perl/li
b/site_perl/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/Tk.pm line 13
Compilation failed in require at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/Tk.pm line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/Tk.pm line 13.
Compilation failed in require at orac_dba.pl line 39.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at orac_dba.pl line 39.

In the file Tk.pm it refrences the fileevent.t file.

Can somebody help me resolve this issue.. I am really not able to go any further with this..
New to HP
6 REPLIES 6
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Perl Tk and Perl DBI Question

You're out of luck here. Due to the hmmm buggy implementations of threads in perl-5.6.x, Tk/fileevent does *not* run on threaded perl :(

Rebuild a non threaded perl from the 5.6.1 tarball, or wait about two weeks and upgrade to perl-5.8.0, having a full reviewed threading model that works without leaks and a revised Tk.
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
MANOJ SRIVASTAVA
Honored Contributor

Hi John

Even on cc compiler perl doesnt work at all with the multithread enabling , so please do reinstall after diabling the multithreading . I think that may solve your problem.

Manoj Srivastava
John McDen
Regular Advisor

Can I just disable multithreading on perl without reinstalling perl? I am not sure if this can be done??
New to HP
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Sadly, no, you cannot. Threading is enabled/disabled during the Configuration of perl. If you *need* fileevent on hpux, getting hold of a non-threaded perl built is your only option. Sorry. (I can build you one, if you life depends on it, and you ask *realy* *realy* nice :)
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
John McDen
Regular Advisor

Thanks procura for the great help.. I really appreciate your willingness to help ... :-)
New to HP
MANOJ SRIVASTAVA
Honored Contributor

Hi John

When u install perl , it asks for :
Build a threading Perl (choose default n, since it is still in experimental stage)
Build perl for multiplicity (i normally choose default n for this option)

This is what happens using a cc compiler , incase you have a ftp site I can may be send you a complied perl/dbd/dbi for HPUX 11.00 ,Oracle 8.1.7 all you have to load is a C runtime version and untar the parl under /opt .

Manoj Srivastava