1748041 Members
4807 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Permission problems

Kushagr
Occasional Advisor

Permission problems

I successfully established a connection between two laptops. but the problem is that one of the laptops can access the other but the latter cant access the former one. it is showing ACCESS DENIED. i dont understand wat is the problem and wat to do?????
11 REPLIES 11
Kushagr
Occasional Advisor

Re: Permission problems

the connection is of a crossover cable and everything is going fine but ONLY ONE WAY.
ed k.
Honored Contributor

Hi Kushaqr, what type/model of your laptops and OS? Did you test connectivity between your laptops when you switch crossover cable ends? Do you use the same login id and password on both of your PC?
Best Regards :-) Ed K.
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

What version of Windows is running on each computer?

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Kushagr
Occasional Advisor

the model is of IBM R60.
im using windows xp on both the laptops.
the version of the windows is 5.1.2600
Kushagr
Occasional Advisor

yea iv tested the connectivity
im evn able to transfer the data from the other laptop to my laptop. but my laptop is not accessible from dat one...both laptops should be accessible from both the sides for a normal connection...
Drew Roberts
Valued Contributor

Are you attempting to access the administrative C$ share on each laptop? Or some other share?

Are you logging into each with the same user ID? Different user IDs?

If the same user ID, do they both have the same password?

Kushagr
Occasional Advisor

there is no user ids as such....both the laptops r just connected and i m evn able to transfer data(only 4rm one laptop to other...not the other way). so i think there is some problem in my laptop only. iv turned my firewall off and tried all sorts of things dat i could. but to no conclusion...
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

XP Pro, or XP Home edition?

The usual cause, is that one of the accounts has admin access, and the other account used, does not.

Both accounts (or a single account for ease) needs to be in the admin group on both laptops in order for the laptops to both have access.

i.e. Kushagr needs to be on both laptops, and a member of the local Administrators Group. Then logon on each system with Kushagr.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Kushagr
Occasional Advisor

hey im sorry...actually i didnt exactly understand wat u tried to say
can u pls explain in still simpler terms...