Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Please Post Forums Issues - December 2005

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Pleaes remove the hostname from this post asap!

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=981717

:)))
yesterday I stood at the edge. Today I'm one step ahead.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hello Cheryl:

Thank you for your response.

I used to tell Shayne Wagley and Jeff Siegle, "If it wasn't good, we wouldn't complain."

I am not oblivious to some of the happenings here during my absence as an active contributer. I helped build and shape this community during its early years, as you are aware, and I never totally ceased to follow it. Certainly improvements have been made but there is more that are needed.

In part, you wrote that you thought that "...HP has done a fantastic job of providing and fostering a great community here. This service is not only free but we appreciate our contributors...".

This is a two-sided argument. As Jeff once said, "When I try to explain the ITRC community to people, I try to explain it like a party.... HP is hosting the party, but ultimately the success of the party depends on the guests (number, quality, etc) that come...[and]...at the end of the day...the success of a community lies with the organizers (at the outset) but ultimately the members themselves."

Jeff had it right. If you want to know how good your party is you ask your guests. I'm sure we both want the party to continue.

I believe that everyone has a right to express their opinion as long as its done politely and professionally. I think thhat this is especially true when there is an active solicitation of input as there is here. You have my email address should you wish to explore my opinions and observations offline.

Regards!

...JRF...

p.s. Shayne Wagley was one of, or "the" earliest Forum administrators -- b.d. -- before Dan.

The comments I quote from Jeff can be read in their entirty here:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=60846
Honored Contributor

Actually Jim -- Shayne and Jeff together were the forums administrator and program manager respectively --- both of which I took on a number of years ago. Perhaps we should consider a cover charge for this party.

-Dan
Honored Contributor

I just got the annoying "System Unavailable" message when posting a reply. BUT, the reply posted anyway, although it did take a while, probably 45-60 seconds.

This problem happened a couple of minutes ago.
Honored Contributor

On Pete's point #7

Why is it neccasary in the first place to use javascript for opening links from posts? Why not just link ???

copy and pasting links, shift or middle click on javascript links is just plain annoying.

Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn [ who now considers adjusting his proxy to `fix' the links :) ]
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
Honored Contributor

This is getting VERY VERY ANNOYING!

I am getting:

system unavailable

The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

wpa-pl-wpaframework-10000

EVERY time I post a reply. The reply posts, but the error is QUITE annoying. Can you PLEASE feed the squirrels, or press the turbo button, or maybe actually fix the problem?

Honored Contributor

Just an odd thing - my profile states I have 17110 points in the ITRC Forums - yet the main page:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/home.do?forumId=1

Says I have 17101

Only a 9 point discrepency - but still seems strange to me...

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Honored Contributor

Well - never mind my last post - it was just delayed....

Rgds...Geoff

One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life. (or a post)
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Honored Contributor

I also got the same message at around 3PM EST, after nearly 30seconds after clicking my posting.

system unavailable

The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later

But wondeted , when found the reply got posted there.

cheers,
Raj.
" If u think u can , If u think u cannot , - You are always Right . "