7325 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Please Post Forums Issues - January 2006

Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi All,

The forums are painfully slow again, have being for last couple of days. I had hoped all this would have been sorted by the new year. Never mind we live in hope!

Things certainly dont seem to get much better for long, and you ask for information regarding forums issues and they seem to get ignored.

It really is about time these ongoing problems are sorted. Its not really good practice to have as many problems as you seem to do with such a large organization and expect people not to wonder about the capabilities of HP.

These are such good forums and resources and would make the world of IT alot harder for many, and make confidence in HP wean alot, if they cannot be improved or were lost.

Yesterday and this morning I gave up trying to get either to the forums or just login and this afternoon I tried to reply to a thread but the reply timed out first.

Some feedback to this and all the other questions would really be appreciated by all.

Soon you wont need the thread about succeses as you may find many either get fedup, or do not use the resources as they cannot reply or find links that work, hence no successes!

Thankyou for taking the time to read my rant if you have.

Andy

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor
Jasper  Verweij
Honored Contributor

Hi Cheryl and Dan,

It would be very good if we have the ability to rate topics. A lot of ITRC members don't come here on daily or weekly basis, but they do have a need to view interesting topics. If there is an ability to rate topics it would be easier for these users to check the latest high rated topics.

The rating system could be linked to member status. In that case a rating given by Olympians should be higher classified than a rating done by a new ITRC member.

Another suggestion would be a point deprecation system. It is questionable if points received 5 years ago, are still valid for todays ranking. Or Top10 lists should also show Top10 per year. Eg. I have decided to leave the OpenView world after six years. Due to my points earned I'll be in Top10 list of Hp OpenView Service Desk for a while.

Just some ideas...

Jsaper

Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

Hey Cheryl and Dan,

I don't have ANY issues!

GREAT WORK with the Forums!

If it weren't for you both, we Forum regulars would need to get a real (non-virtual) life!

jbollyn at neiu dot edu

- King Jay
check Facebook
John Payne_2
Honored Contributor

This afternoon, I have gotten several errors trying to post responses. I get a

"The system is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

wpa-pl-wpaframework-10000 "

error when posting a reply. I refresh the page, it reposts the data, and the 2nd or 3rd or 4th try and the post makes it to completion. (Without duplicates, just the last one works.)

I am running on a loaner Windows XP machine with IE as my browser. (Normally it's Linux and Firefox, I have been hating life for a couple of days while my laptop gets repaired...)

Anyway, the post eventually goes, you may already know about the problem, but I thought I'd speak up.

Hope it helps

John
Spoon!!!!
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

Email address in thread title - probably safest to remove the thread as it has been closed without any responses and a new thread started:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=990426

Andrew
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Thread removed
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

I'm getting the !#$$^%#$%@#$@#$^% "system unavailable" messages when posting replies again. My reply gets posted, but that stupid message comes.

Can you guys please figure out what is going on and try to fix it? This is really getting old!
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Cheryl, Dan,

I made a BIG mistake in replying to

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=990724

Please remove my answer addressed to Eric, of course I should NOT address the OP in a congrats thread!

TIA

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Chris H
Honored Contributor

Jay Bollyn has suggested that I post the following here (originally posted in thread http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=990744 ):

-------------------------------------------
When will the PCL5 Universal Printer Driver be available?

Web site indicates availability in November 2005, but clicking on 'obtain software' just takes you back to a page indicating that it is not yet available (only the PostScript version is available).

Thread http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=982781 indicates that it is possible to download the required driver from an FTP site.

But although the referenced driver file appears to be there, I cannot successfully download it; I get an error stating:

550-Transfer failed. You are not permitted to transfer the file "updpcl5win2Kxp2003_32-en.exe".

possibly because (not being employed by HP) I don't have a valid logon to the FTP site (i.e. logon = anonymous).
-------------------------------------------

Apologies if this is NOT the appropriate thread for reporting problems with access to hp.com files.