Operating System - HP-UX
1753421 Members
4874 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Please Report Forums Issues - January 2002!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Please Report Forums Issues - January 2002!

Hello Everyone,

I hope the new year finds you in good spirits and health.

Once again, this thread is to capture your feedback regarding issues you encounter while using the ITRC Forums during the month of January 2002. All the feedback from the December 2001 thread has been documented.

Again, please include any URLs from your browser associated with error messages -- and please include the date and time the errors occur.

You can also post your forums successes at:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x337406295e00d6118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

I thank you for all your previous feedback, and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Dan
ITRC Forums Manager
54 REPLIES 54
Mark Vollmers
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please Report Forums Issues - January 2002!

Dan-

I don't know if this affects others or not, but it bugs me sometimes. I will often see a post I like and print it out so I can find or read it later (something I might need, a problem that applies, etc). anyway, the pages are sized such that they are slightly larger than the page, and so I have to tweak the margins on the browser to get them printer or else I lose words on the right side. I have even copied posts and pasted them into Word to print out. I see the printing instructions tell me to use landscape, but those don't fit in a binder as nicely. Besides, it's just as slow to switch to landscape every time I want a post as to adjust margins. I really don't need to see the menu on the left side, so could you guys maybe offer a printable version of the page that just sends the center frame (the post part)? Just thought I'd throw that out there as a suggestion. Thanks.

Mark
"We apologize for the inconvience" -God's last message to all creation, from Douglas Adams "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish"
maria paschali
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I Agree with Mark. I have printed out hordes of information. This is a good place to look when your learning, but it is a bit of a pain when you go to print. I have printing them in landscape, but find it a waste of paper.

The suggestion Mark made seams resonable to me.

so here comes my beg.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

:)

thanks

Maria
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Mark and Maria, thanks for the suggestion -- I will add this to our list of enhancements.

If Stuart Elflett is out there, thanks for the tip on the "top 5 users" not appearing on forums > printers > photo:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/CategoryHome/1,,221,00.html

Having tracked down the gremlin, top users should now be appearing....

Thanks again for your feedback!
Dan
G. Vrijhoeven
Honored Contributor

Hi Dan,

I log in at the europeen site. This works fine but if i access a link at the american site a must login. This does not work at the american site. If a login at the europeen site a get the ITRC home page and not the link i am trying to visit. Can please you look into this.

Thanks in advance,

Gideon
Belinda Dermody
Super Advisor

I had a question in the Security Forum and was trying to Assign points to the answer, it would only let me assign to one, the others went to the window but the selection box for the points did not show.
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/AssignPoints/1,,0x637306295e00d6118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Dan:

Response time has been extrememly poor in the Forum for the last hour or so (0900-1000 EST).

Regards!

...JRF...
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

Also very slow at 1500 CST.

It is taking minutes to load a page.

I'll try back tomorrow as it is too slow to use this afternoon.

At least there are no 404's and the pages finally load, but I can grow old waiting for them.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
T. M. Louah
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Team,
I have worked with this forum during Night-shifts & day-shifts, it's obvious that the Load is lower at night that's why I get an excellent page refresh & navigation!

.. Can you make the welcome message appearing on the Left-hand side of the page hyperlinked to my profile where i can see my total points.

.. is there plans to port -at least the forum section - to a Unix (Linux) Web server env.

regards,
t++
Little learning is dangerous!
maria paschali
Frequent Advisor

Hi Dan,

I have been logged in all day today, I have tried several time to respond to messages by users, and i received the following error message.

"

could not login

Hewlett-Packard regrets this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

(Error 300) "

Maria