New Discussion юеВ

Please Report Forums Issues - November 2001

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Please Report Forums Issues - November 2001

**NOTE: A new thread for December 2001 has been started at:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x699203bbece8d5118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

Hi Everyone,

This is thread is part of an ongoing effort to capture your feedback concerning any issues you encounter while using the ITRC Forums during November. All the feedback from the October 2001 thread has been documented.

Again, please inform me regarding any issues you experience while using the Forums. Please include the URLs from your browser associated with error messages (along with the date and time the error occurred).

I thank you for all your previous feedback, and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Dan
ITRC Forums Manager

135 REPLIES 135
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Please Report Forums Issues - November 2001

Hi Dan!

You're a brave soul!

Regards!

...JRF...
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

No, he is a wonderful soul. I am most pleased that someone is taking the time to fix some of this stuff.

Performance has increased quite a bit last month with only a few bumps.

Thanks Dan
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

Dan,
Is there a way to show the authors original message in the reply window. I already have forgotten what you were asking for and have to keep clicking the back and forward buttons in my browser. Seriously, that would be a great feature if it would be feasible for the forum group to change.

Thanks for your work.
C
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. " Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Hi Craig,

Currently, the author's message only shows up in the original thread. Having it appear above the reply window is a feature that has been requested before and it is definitely on the developer's list. We already have a UI mockup done, its simply a matter of time for coding, testing, and releasing the feature.

Thanks for your idea!
Dan
Darrell Allen
Honored Contributor

Hi Dan,

This morning's response time was poor but now it's running as quickly as I've ever noticed. Thanks for whatever you did!

Darrell
"What, Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman (Mad Magazine)
Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

Dan,
Thanks for the info, I just suggested it because I am like the SNL character, Mr. Short Term Memory, who has none.

C
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. " Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Deshpande Prashant
Honored Contributor

HI Dan
Today morning, I was not able to access forum.
Now got in to it and after replying to one post I got following errors.
Time :- 5.50pm CST
Error processing SSI file '/com.hp.itrc_Core/com.hp.itrc_Core_TopLeft_Welcome/1,11958,,00.html'

Error processing SSI file '/cm/CategoryHomeContent/1,11869,LoggedIn!151,00.html'

Thanks.
Prashant.
Take it as it comes.
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for winding the key in the back of the server. Yesterday and today is the fastest it has been for ages. Keep winding that key!!

Cheers
-Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Oops, spoke too soon! Performance still good though!

I received this when refreshing the screen. (request to re-load the page to my browser, shift refresh)

Error processing SSI file '/cm/components/RightBar/1,11872,family!117,00.html'

-Michael
Anyone for a Mutiny ?