Operating System - HP-UX
1753521 Members
5107 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Please Submit Your ITRC Forums Successes - October 2002!

Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

Please Submit Your ITRC Forums Successes - October 2002!

Hi Everyone,

Ok, maybe Jeff Schussele is right...I need a little Gingko Boloba in my diet!

Please submit your highlights and successes you have had while using the ITRC Forums. Your feedback helps convey the positive influences the forums have had on your IT life. For example, have you:

1. Posted a question and received a key answer that solved your problem?
2. Have you viewed a message thread that had a solution to a problem you were trying to solve?
3. Found the Forums to be of particular help in sharing information, exchanging best practices, or saving you time?

I'd really like to hear from everyone -- your circumstances, the issues, the outcome, who was of help, time saved, etc.! If you have examples to share, please provide the URL of the thread if possible.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Best Regards,
Dan Gazzaniga
Forums Manager
10 REPLIES 10
Khalid A. Al-Tayaran
Valued Contributor

Re: Please Submit Your ITRC Forums Successes - October 2002!

Hi Dan,

I had managed to find solutions in ITRC for some problems I faced and gained knowledge to other useful sites/tools that help in admin tasks. Here's some cases I solved and learned about in this forum:

- sendmail
- cfg2html
- bb (big brother monitoring tools)
- usefeul scripts

Thanks..........
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
Raynald Boucher
Super Advisor

I think This forum is GREAT!
I don't contribute much mostly because I don't know or the answers are already posted, but I read daily.

1 suggestion:
Could you prevent postings being published/reported on Google?
A Google search on my name reveals all my interactions with the forum. I didn't check for some of our more popular members. I personally don't see yhe interest in this being published and besides, it just adds to the clutter.

Thanks for your efforts and
Take care.
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Clemens van Everdingen
Honored Contributor

Procura,

74 points done, kind off a forum succes.

C.
The computer is a great invention, there are as many mistakes as ever, but they are nobody's fault !
Ken Hubnik_2
Honored Contributor

Hit ratio on keyword searches on the forum are excellent. I have find lots of good info and solved lots of problems. Great resource!!
John Dvorchak
Honored Contributor

I have been an Admin on various Unix's for years and this forum is by far the best in the industry, making my job as an HPUX admin the easiest. I can't think of a single instance that the forum hasn't helped me to solve my own problems. As and added feature I read them daily to gain info and education. I can't count the number of times I have gotten ideas from reading the forum pages.

I find that when a problem occurs, I search the forum and usually within minutes find the answer. Unlike searching some vendors "Help" or "Knowledge Base" for the answer. I am also more likely to ask a question here than call HP support as this is faster.

I, unlike Raynald, like the Google search feature. It is very fast and I rely on it a lot.
If it has wheels or a skirt, you can't afford it.
Tom Jackson
Valued Contributor

Hi Dan:

I'm a programmer/sys admin, supporting a small automotive engineering group and the HP forums is where I go when I can't find book answers. I always get pleanty of responses, and many times, two way dialog til my problem's fixed. I try to contribute, but don't have the in-depth experience as some of the other participants. I don't use the forums every day, but when I need it, it comes on strong!

Thanks,

Tom