Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible from ES3 upgrade AS3 ?

kevin leong
Frequent Advisor

Possible from ES3 upgrade AS3 ?

Dear Expert ,
Possible redhat ES3 upgrade to AS3 ?Because I bought the AS3 support from redhat (for renewal).May I know how to upgrade it ?Or i need to fresh install again ?

If WS to AS or ES isn't possible as well?

Please advice

Thanks
LeongKO
2 REPLIES
Jarle Bjorgeengen
Trusted Contributor

Re: Possible from ES3 upgrade AS3 ?

Hi LeongKO,

you don't need to change anything except from the "redhat-release" package.

This package contains only a text file that says "hi I'm RH-AS " (or ES or WS) (/etc/redhat-release)

You have to make sure that RedHat Network knows about the change, because that is the only real difference between ES and AS , namely the packages available from RHN.

It is possible that you need to unregister and register to make RHN update available channels.
TJ_16
Frequent Advisor

Re: Possible from ES3 upgrade AS3 ?

We just did this same upgrade.

Install the redhat-release package from AS, then run rhn_register and register that host. It will then show up on the AS channel.
There are ZERO technical difference between ES and AS... That was from a RedHat person.