1752308 Members
5584 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Power Chute shuttign sytem off

Ken wanderer
Trusted Contributor

Power Chute shuttign sytem off

I have an annoying problem with an old server I want to rebuild as a workstation for our manuf. plant.
unfortunately APC power chute program is on the system and shuts off the system before I can do anything even shut wodn the program, cut services. I was going to go into safe mode but have ahd no luck figuring out which key. It is a P2-400 Intel based motherboard. I have had this happen years ago with power chute and APc software. Any help would be great.
The o\s is nt 4.0 workstation sp4
Work Smarter Not Harder
3 REPLIES 3
Pat
Honored Contributor

Re: Power Chute shuttign sytem off

Hi, Ken,

From what little I know, there is no safe mode in NT4 only VGA mode.

Restart the computer into VGA Mode:

Choose Shut Down on the Start menu.
In the Shut Down Windows screen, choose Restart the Computer (or Restart), and click OK or Yes.
At the option to load Windows NT or Windows NT VGA Mode, choose VGA Mode and press Enter.

Pat
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

If you're re-loading the system anyway, why not just boot with the OS CD, delete the exiting partitions, create a new partition (or install to the entire disk) and start the install?

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Ken wanderer
Trusted Contributor

I am giving up on it.
You are right in that it is not worth the time. I'll stick a new drive in the box and start over. I'll just take it as a lesson to not install these self shut down software programs as they are dangerous. I only have about 5 seconds annd the system shuts down. Given that there is no safemode - I'm out of luck. Thanks anyways.
Work Smarter Not Harder