Servers - General
1748081 Members
5225 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Powerwise 1000 interface

Simon Gales

Powerwise 1000 interface

I've "inherited" an old Powerwise 1000 UPS, and need to connect it's serial interface to a Win2K machine (so the server can shutdown before the battery runs out).

Will a straight serial cable do it, or null modem, or is it custom? Are pinouts available anywhere on the web?

Someone mentioned Powerwise UPSs being OEM'd APC UPS's, but I can't find any reference to them on the APC site.

P.S.Moved from Desktops and Workstations - Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards - general to Servers > general

3 REPLIES 3
Shane Stenger

Re: Powerwise 1000 interface

I too have recently acquired a handful of these along with a Powerwise 2100. I have been unable to find any documentation on HP's website. I do know from a Byte article (http://www.byte.com/art/9511/sec9/art10.htm)that they are NOT rebadged APC units but rather a HP made UPS unit. I am interested in not only the serial port connection but also the availability of monitoring software as well as documentation concerning the dip switches on the back of the unit along with directions on the SMNP modules as well.
Jonathan Huebner

I too inherited one from a friend. Any information on the Powerwise 1000 (manuals, PDF's, software, etc.) that you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Ron Ketwitz

I also have a Powerwise 1000 with the HP label and model number c4275a. I am looking for a users manual, etc. so that I may get it functioning properly. I want it to pass the AC through to the output lines after the batteries are drained and the AC is restored. Currently it shuts off if the batteries get low and stays off after the AC is restored.

Thanks for any help.