108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Print_manifest output

SOLVED
Go to solution
chetana07
Frequent Advisor

Print_manifest output

I have recently installed HP-UX 11.11i v1 on rp4440 server.when i take the print_manifest output it is not showing the system serial no.How to enable that facility?Also print_manifest output is giving error which is pasted here
ERROR: Could not contact host "mbmdia01". Make sure the hostname is
correct and an absolute pathname is specified (beginning with
"/").
ERROR: More information may be found in the daemon logfile on this
target (default location is
mbmdia01:/var/adm/sw/swagentd.log).
Any solution will be helpful.

7 REPLIES 7
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Print_manifest output

Hi,

make sure the name resolution is working (the error comes probably from swlist) and the diagnostics software along with the ignite version is current.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Check if you have a /etc/nsswitch.conf file. If not copy an appropriate nsswitch file from the /etc directory. Example if you are only using the /etc/hosts file for name resolution "cp /etc/nsswitch.files /etc/nsswitch.conf"

# ls /etc/nsswitch.*

Check if you correctly configured your /etc/hosts file

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx your_server_name
127.0.0.1 localhost loopback

restart the swagentd
# swagentd -k
# swagentd -r

and try again.

Best regards,
Robert-Jan
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

I would need to see what print_manifest does to get the serial number, but here are 2 quick ways to get it:

# /opt/hpsmc/common/bin/getsn
# getconf MACHINE_SERIAL
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Actually, after running print_manifest it looks like it doesn't provide that info.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Bill Costigan
Honored Contributor

I think that info and stuff like the Sales Oreder Number comes from a static file that is put on the system at HP if it came with the OS already pre-installed. I don't recall the name of the file.
Jollyjet
Valued Contributor

Hi chetana,

I too have a problem in this like in older version i even use to get the hp purchase order number also but in 11 version i didn't get this serial number have tried it in any other verion's the other way is try getconf MACHINE_SERIAL.
chetana07
Frequent Advisor

Thanks