108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Printer don work in a DTC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Javier Juarez
Frequent Advisor

Printer don work in a DTC

I have a printer connected to a DTC, some works are no completed or sometimes often are loosed, I change the port and for a while seems work perfect, but, again start to failed, another printers works fine, Any idea?
3 REPLIES 3
James Odak
Valued Contributor

Try another printer cable
i havn't seen many DTC set ups but in general when ive seen lost and incomplete print jobs printing its due to a bad printer cable
Jennifer Chiarelli
Regular Advisor

If the printer cable is good, you may still have a problem with the baud rate if the cable is long. Try decreasing the baud rate. Also check to make sure you are using the proper flow control. IE: if the cable is wired for only pins 2,3 &7, then you must use xon-xoff. This handshaking must be set the same on the printer and the system. If I remember correctly, you can also set baud rates etc. on the DTC as well. They must all be the same.
It's a binary world!
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor
Solution

Javier,

Are there any timeout messages from the ocd process in the syslog-file? In that case is the telnet-timer set in /etc/ddfa/pcf to low.
Add to the interface script (/var/spool/lp/interface/printername) the following line befor the final exit 0:
stty exta <&1 2>/dev/null
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data