Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer don work in a DTC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Javier Juarez
Frequent Advisor

Printer don work in a DTC

I have a printer connected to a DTC, some works are no completed or sometimes often are loosed, I change the port and for a while seems work perfect, but, again start to failed, another printers works fine, Any idea?
3 REPLIES
James Odak
Valued Contributor

Re: Printer don work in a DTC

Try another printer cable
i havn't seen many DTC set ups but in general when ive seen lost and incomplete print jobs printing its due to a bad printer cable
Jennifer Chiarelli
Regular Advisor

If the printer cable is good, you may still have a problem with the baud rate if the cable is long. Try decreasing the baud rate. Also check to make sure you are using the proper flow control. IE: if the cable is wired for only pins 2,3 &7, then you must use xon-xoff. This handshaking must be set the same on the printer and the system. If I remember correctly, you can also set baud rates etc. on the DTC as well. They must all be the same.
It's a binary world!
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor
Solution

Javier,

Are there any timeout messages from the ocd process in the syslog-file? In that case is the telnet-timer set in /etc/ddfa/pcf to low.
Add to the interface script (/var/spool/lp/interface/printername) the following line befor the final exit 0:
stty exta <&1 2>/dev/null
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data