1752815 Members
5988 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Printing to trays using Crystal Reports 9.0

Daniel Kent
Occasional Advisor

Another quirk is that I can print from trays in my test environment but at production site it does not work. Unfortunately I do not have VS 2003 installed on the production server to debug with.. but I can try to build in a log to check your suggestions.
Daniel Kent
Occasional Advisor

Upper 1 syntax does not work. I have tried using CR 10 instead of 9 and the trays work. Thank you for the help.
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

u upgraded to version 10 and the syntax upper 1 - worked??

Ganesh
Daniel Kent
Occasional Advisor

No. The original code "Upper" works with CR 10 (trial version) in the test environment. And in fact I now have CR 9 working in the test environment BUT can not get it to work in the production environment. The cost of CR 10 makes that solution impractical. This has to be a DLL version or permissions issue as far as I can tell. I have been working with CR's tech support but haven't gotten anything meaningful from them yet. It is odd because as far as I can tell I am using the same DLLs and have tried to match permissions.. Thanks again!
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

I know.. most of the times we also had the same kind of DLL issue all the times. We use to reinstall them many times and We sometimes check each and every DLL and reregister them to make sure everything is fine.

Ganesh

Note:- Since u r a new user i think U should see this link about this forums
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28

Bill Weber

Any success on specifying the paper trays in Crystal 9 and Visual Studio.NET 2003. I have installed the Hot Fixes from Crystal, but the printer continues to print to the default tray.

Thanks in advance.