Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro *C

Sandeep Ganguly
Occasional Visitor

Pro *C

I have been using oracle 9.2.0.4 on hp unix 11.11. I am trying to compile a Pro *c program. Since the demo_proc.mk has to be used i am trying to customise it but there are many variables defined which i am not able to figure. Can anyone help me out.
say my pro c programs are x1.pc which uses x2.pc
uses sql script x3.sql

what are the variables that i should remove from the demo_proc.mk given in oracle home../proc/demo path
2 REPLIES
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Re: Pro *C

Hi Sandeep,

$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc/demo_proc.mk makefile can be used to precompile, compile and link Pro*C application executables. You can customize demo_proc.mk (if you need) to compile/ build Pro*C programs.

For Example:
The command for making myprog executable from myprog.pc is
make -f demo_proc.mk build OBJS="myprog.o" EXE=myprog
You can also give precompiler options using PROCFLAGS
For example:
make -f demo_proc.mk build OBJS="myprog.o" EXE=myprog PROCFLAGS="sqlcheck=semantics userid=scott/tiger"
If you are trying to compile a Pro *c program using the demo_proc.mk, you may use this command to build your custom programs. For example, Your Prog is x1.pc

Copy the sample programs and demo_proc.mk makefile into your working directory.

Enter the following command to build x1.pc:

make -f demo_proc.mk build EXE=x1 OBJS=x1.o

Run the program:
$> x1

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying
Werner Ittner
Occasional Advisor

Re: Pro *C

Hi,

for simple C - Programs I just do it this way : (It is for 10g, but I think it is very similar for 9g)

Precompile :
just : proc filename.pc

Compile :
gcc -O -I. -I$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/public \n
-c filename.c

Link :
gcc -o filename.r filename.o \n
-L$ORACLE_HOME/lib -lclnts

Run :
./filename.r

Werner