New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem Download bastille

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dirk Wiedemann
Respected Contributor

Problem Download bastille

Hello,

I've got a problem when downloading the HP-UX bastille tool.
First I've downloaded perl E. I type in my adress informations as needed and everything works fine.
After that I've tried to download the bastille tool.
When clicking "Receive for free" I've got only the error "Bad request - Your browser sent a query this server could not understand."
It's the same browser as using for perl (netscape 6) and the request has the same structure except ProductNumber like the one from perl.
So I've tried konqueror from my linux box. In the first try I've got the same window for typing my adress etc. and I give the needed answers. But the download failed (a time out). I've tried once more and from now on I receive only the same error message "bad request" like in netscape.
At least I've tried even ie5 :-(. But it's always the same.
Suspecting having only one chance from a box I've also tried "(re)download" from the software depot home - no success.

What's going wrong?

Thanks for any reply
Dirk
12 REPLIES 12
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

http://bizforums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/0,,0xc2d291ccb36bd611abdb0090277a778c,00.html

check for the link and the alternate site.

the hp download centre seems to be not accessible.

Thanks
Dirk Wiedemann
Respected Contributor

Hi T.G.

I've check the link, but the only alternate site I found is http://www.bastille-linux.org. The link to HP-UX bastille is a link to the same site of HP download centre with same error.

Does anywhere exist a mirror site of the hp download centre?

regards
Dirk
Tom Ward_1
Honored Contributor

I was just able to get a copy off the link on
http://www.software.hp.com/ISS_products_list.html

I've noticed some errors and have had to try more than once, but I was able to get it. Try flushing your browser cache. Good luck.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi Dirk,

I have a B6849AA-bastille.depot. (~240KB)

Do you want me to upload it here for you?

Regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Dirk Wiedemann
Respected Contributor

Hello Tom,
thanks for your reply. I had already try this link and receive the same error. Good idea to flush my browser cache. I've tried it (up to 20 times), but sadly without success.

Thanks.

Hello Yogeeraj,
because I haven't the bastille tool till now it would give me great pleasure if you would upload it for me.

Many thanks in advance

Dirk
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

I am uploading it.

I have not installed it yet so i can guarantee anything.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Dirk Wiedemann
Respected Contributor

Hi Yogeeraj,

thank you for uploading. But - when I try to open the attachment I receive the error message "Could not open URL The URL you requested, /cm/components/FileAttachment/0,,0x0712237a4bc6d611abdb0090277a778c,00.depot , does not exist or is not retrievable at this HP IT Resource Center Web site.
(Error HTTP_404)"

Can you open it? What is the complete URL?

regards
Dirk
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

sorry. i don't know what could be the problem.

I am attaching a .zip of the depot. Hope that it comes out well.

Regards
Yogeeraj
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi again,

If you don't get this time too.

Please post your email address i will send it to you.

Cheers
Yogeeraj