Operating System - HP-UX
1753971 Members
8049 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem in Connecting to Oracle9i DB using Oracle9i JDBC OCI driver in HP-UX11.11

Siva_13
Occasional Advisor

Problem in Connecting to Oracle9i DB using Oracle9i JDBC OCI driver in HP-UX11.11

I can not able to connect to the Oracle9i DB using with 9i JDBC OCI driver.I was able to connect to the Oracle9i DB using 8i JDBC OCI driver. But it’s giving the following exception while i was trying to connect to the Oracle9i DB using 9i JDBC OCI driver class.

“ java.sql.SQLException: Closed Connection
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)

at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.check_error(OCIDBAccess.java:2382)

at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:496)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.(OracleConnection.java:365)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:547)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:347)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177) “

I have specified the PATH variable to 9i DB. export PATH=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/bin:$PATH

I have set the ORACLE_HOME pointing to the Oracle9i DB. And I have specified the 9i JDBC OCI driver classes into the CLASSPATH variable. Also I have made the SHLIB_PATH environment settings pointing the Oracle9i DB.

The following are the configuration settings.

Oracle home:
export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0

Classpath:
export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/
classes12.zip

Shared library path:
export SHLIB_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib32:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib:${SHLIB_PATH:-}

and the JDBC URL is jdbc:oracle:oci:@ORCL_SID
where ORCL_SID is the oracle9i DB.

Please let me know how can i resolve this
2 REPLIES 2
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem in Connecting to Oracle9i DB using Oracle9i JDBC OCI driver in HP-UX11.11

Hi Siva,

Are you using Oracle E-Business Suite? If so, what's the value of FND_MAX_JDBX_CONNECTIONS?

If there is a firewall then check the timeout parameter set on by the firewall admin for idle connections.

See also Note 103313.1 from Metalink...

Best Regards,

Eric Antunes

Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Siva_13
Occasional Advisor

Re: Problem in Connecting to Oracle9i DB using Oracle9i JDBC OCI driver in HP-UX11.11

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your time.Got resolved the problem.The problem with NLS variable which has been pointing to 8i DB.I have unset the option and could able to connect to 9i using 9i JDBC OCI driver.

Thanks,
Siva