Operating System - Linux
1751934 Members
4972 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem to install Debian Sarge in DL320 G4

Alejandro Zumaran

Problem to install Debian Sarge in DL320 G4

I try to install debian sarge r2 in DL320 G4 but dont recognize NIC (tg3) and Sata HD ( using Sata Raid, ICH7 controller) using 2.4 and 2.6 kernel, i try to use etch netinstall, this can see de nics and HD but when i try to boot using grub this can load , with no errors, when install is running log console try to find usb every time and freeze when try to detect keyboard ( i pass this).
Sorry for my english.
4 REPLIES 4
Kodjo Agbenu
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem to install Debian Sarge in DL320 G4

Hi,

HP ProLiant servers are definitely not certified on Debian, and DL320 is probably one of the models you are likely to have issues with (DL380/360 should work better).

To clarify : network installation succeeded, but at the first login the systems loops indefinitely trying to detect USB keyboard ?

Use "lspci" to check your USB controller :
ohci
uhci
ehci

Check in /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/modprobe.conf.local and change "alias usb-controller xxxx-hcd" accordingly.

To achieve this, use a rescue or live CD-ROM (ex : Knoppix or Ubuntu).

Good lcuk.
Kodjo
Learn and explain...
Chris Dennis

Hello Alejandro

I ran into this problem recently with an ML110 G3 which also has the ICH7 controller.

I found a solution on this page:
http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36880&sid=115cc017596a67d696b2fd4806a5e1f4

which has a custom installer with kernel 2.6.15 that supports this hardware. The download is at

http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/2.6.15/sarge-custom-0206.iso

I hope that helps.

regards

Chris
Alejandro Zumaran

Thanks Chris, this installer support NICS and ICH/ Controller, but i only have 1 problem now. i configure sata array raid 1 with ORCA , but de installer see 2 disk ( hsda - hsdb) try to configure Software RAID, create 2 partitions for raid but when i try to create MD device say that no raid partition available. i delete the array an turned off the RAID controller for the BIOS, but is the same.
When i configured the Software Raid with Etch netinstaller i not have any problem to do this.
What i do it Wrong now?
I can install in 1 sata disk and create the Software Raid Later
Alejandro Zumaran

Hello:
i try to install with the custom ISO, detec any HW, dont let me create SW Raid, and when the installer is running the console log (alt+f4) show the same problem that etch, infinity loop that detect USB, when the install finish, dont boot by the infinity loop usb.
This loop suceed when the install init, and later when the system init and dont let me boot in the system, i think that is a problem with the kernel 2.6.16.