5350 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with ACL

Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Problem with ACL

Hi
I don't know if this is a HP-UX or a OmniBack problem but I think the "root" is in HP-UX.

When using OmniBack to restore some files to another host I get error messages:

[Minor] From: VRDA@c165.okg.sydkraft.se "/export/home" Time: 2002-09-01 20:49:26
Record with ACL is not from HPUX filesystem !

The files seems to be restored but I get as many error messages that the GUI becomes totaly unaccesible.

Description:

- The filesystem (and the files) originaly come from a Solaris (2.6) server.

- About 6 months ago I moved this filesystem to a HP-UX server. This has worked fine, I have not seen any other problem with this filesystem. I have done a few restores to this filesystem without problems but it is possible this restored files was created after the filesystem was moved to the HP-UX server.

- I don't remember exact how this "moving" was done, perhaps I used OmniBack but it is possible I used cpio and NFS-mounting.

- When I get this problem i tried to create a copy of this filesystem on another HP-UX server (for test purposes).

It seems to me as the ACL in Solaris and HP-UX is different, is there any way to correct ?

5 REPLIES 5
SUNIL thomas
Occasional Advisor

Hi
The problem seems to be the ACL .SInce default ACL will function only in hfs file system. But if you want the ACL functionality on vxfs file system, Online JFS have to be installed as a separate product.Solaris and HP ACL behaviour is different.

Sunil
Do your best leave the rest to God.
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Only JFS3.3 version supports ACL's on hpux.

vxfs file systems does not support ACL's.

ALso check this patch

Also check for this patch

PHSS_26212
http://support1.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/patchDetail.do?patchid=PHSS_26212&context=hpux:800:11:00

Thanks
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi
The patch PHSS_26212 seems to fix problems as mine but this patch is for OmniBack 3.5, I forgot to tell I use OmniBack 4.1. I cant find a similar patch for 4.1, the only JFS-related patch for 4.1 I can find has only to do with backup, not restore.
But the most strange is:
When I tested restoring part of this filesystem to the original server and location I got no error messages. The two servers is almost identical, hardware,OS-level and patches. Is it possible something has gone wrong when creating volume group or LVM.
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi
This was a OmniBack problem. For some reason this client had a old version of OmniBack 4.1 (from the beta test). The cell server (and other client) was installed with the with the production version but no patches. There is a problem with OmniBack patches. The patches only updates the Installation Server, then you have to update the clients from OmniBack. But I can,t find any way to see if a client is "patched" or not. As the patch is not installet on the client with swinstall swlist don't work and ther is no "patch" information id the OmniBack GUI client information.