Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with HP Colorado after upgrade

Charly Walter
Occasional Contributor

Problem with HP Colorado after upgrade

Hello,

I just upgraded by motherboard and CPU tp a P4 1.5 G and 512 MB memory. Everything runs great but I cannot install the Colorado software. I can run the test (which works just fine) but after several selection screens the installer tells me that I have insufficient memory. Uh, I have 1/2 Gig with 400+ free.

Does anyone have any clue to what is afoot ??

Thanks,
Charly
4 REPLIES
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with HP Colorado after upgrade

How big is your swap space?

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Marco Paganini
Respected Contributor

Hello,

As a note, just remember that kernel 2.4 *requires* 2x physical memory as swap space to work properly.

Regards,
Paga
Keeping alive, until I die.
Charly Walter
Occasional Contributor

Thaqnks for the propmpt response, gentlemen. My current swap space is 768 MB. Along the same line as your recommendation, I increased the swap file to 1536MB but that did not make a difference to the install program.

Regards,
Charly
Charly Walter
Occasional Contributor

Let me change my response. My swap file settings can range from 768MB to 1536 MB. This should be adequate.

Charly