5732 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with W98SE and Outlook 2k

Jorge Pinto Leite
Respected Contributor

Problem with W98SE and Outlook 2k

Hi
I wonder if someone could give me some clue on a problem I have.
One of my customers owns a W98SE with Office 2K, both with latest updates.
He use to double click on each email with attachments to open it and then double click on the attached file to see it. But sometime ago it started to give an error of Outlook when he closes the file and/or the opened email.
I thought first of sw issue, so I made all the updates available. No luck.
Then I thought of some hardware malfunction, so I checked and changed the memory and the VGA card - also with no luck at all!
Right now I'm out of ideas how to solve it. Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Jorge
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Ruane_1
Frequent Advisor

Can you be a bit more specific with the error message? Also, if it was working originally, what changes have been made to stop it working (if any)? My first thought (without more specific information) would be to reinstall office 2000. Alternatively, try using Word as email editor (Tools, Options, somewhere (can't be more specific, don't have office 2k on this machine)).

HTH

Good luck, Patrick.
Jorge Pinto Leite
Respected Contributor

Hi Patrick
Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that my very first option was to reinstall Office 2K, and after I've also reinstalled Win98SE as well as Office 2K, always with no luck.
Patrick Ruane_1
Frequent Advisor

The only relevant Knowledge Base article i can find is this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274303&Product=out2K

Can you be more specific on the error message you get? How is the user set up, are they using an exchange server or personal folders? It could be the personal folders file is corrupt. If so, export the mails to a new personal folders file and delete the original (best to make a copy of the personal folders file first).

Best of luck

Patrick.