3944 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with ora export

simon_82
Advisor

Problem with ora export

Hi

i am trying to do an oracle export with the enclosed script. but when i run nohup sh export.sh i get no o/p. can any one advise.

Regards
Simon
5 REPLIES 5
Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor

Hi,
how did you created the pipe?

I have some difficulties in reading you attach, due to a lot of character control.

Can you paste just the few lines ?

Massimo
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

can you post the output of log1906.log?

how are you calling this?

revert

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
twang
Honored Contributor

I think you should obtain an export log file by specifying the LOG parameter. The log file is written in the current directory in which the export utility was started, or as specified by the LOG parameter.
Example:
exp system/manager LOG=exp_full.log

Then you may append the logfile to the log1906.log
And first step to find out the cause of this problem is that you must post the log1906.log file.
twang
Honored Contributor

I think you should obtain an export log file by specifying the LOG parameter. The log file is written in the current directory in which the export utility was started, or as specified by the LOG parameter.
Example:
exp system/manager LOG=exp_full.log

Then you may append the logfile to the log1906.log
And first step to find out the cause of this problem is that you must post the log1906.log file.
Graham Cameron_1
Honored Contributor

Difficult to read your attached script due to lots of noise in it.
Can you post the nohup.out file produced by this command.
The implication is that EXPPIPE.dmp is a named pipe (previously created with "/sbin/mknod EXPPIPE.dmp p"). If this is not the case then that could explain it.
-- Graham
Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done.