1753343 Members
5114 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with time and date

Stan Bier

Problem with time and date

HI,
I HAVE A HP LAPTOP PRESARIO 2200. EACH TIME I TURN OFF MY PC THE TIME AND DATE FUNCTION IS NOT CORRECT. WHEN I LOG ON THE TIME STARTS FROM THE SAME TIME WHEN THE PC WAS TURNED OFF. MY LAPTOP IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY. COULD YOU HELP WITH THE PROBLEM? REGARDS STAN
3 REPLIES 3
vinod_25
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem with time and date

hi

check the cmos battery power... most of the BIOS has the options to display the battery voltage...

check with the H/w vendor for the battery voltage... if the battery is weak change it.. or the RTC section on the main board may be faulty...

Stan utilise ur warranty period to get rid of these problems...

Regards

Vinod K
The Real MD
Valued Contributor

Sound advice indeed, if its still under warranty send it back with a list of the problems.

Regards

Martin.
Reynard

You know what, i got exactly the same freaking problem. I thought i had finally solved it by diabling the update time/date function in windows so it did not try to get the time from the net, and it seemed to work. I could restart numerous times and not have the time date freak out. But in the last days it has done it again. I too have a warrenty for mine, but what a much around, just to fix a time/date problem. Even still, i want to know what is the exact problem is, curious as i am...