1752801 Members
5669 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems with Vista

Barzi

Problems with Vista

Hello,
I have just bought HP Pavilion DV6142 eu. It has two months, always updated and without any viruses.
I began to have problems with this notebook:
The fist one is that the clock changed alone when the notebook is turned off and I can't updated by Internet.
The second problem is that I can't use my webcam because a have a message which says: "the webcam is used by another program".
I'am not satisfied at all with this computer. I have made some research on google: there are a lot of problems with pavilion notebooks.
I had a notebook for 4 years and i had never any problem. It's like if I have throw 1000 euros. I am really sad.
Please, if you have an idea about this problem, let me know. We are a lot in this case
2 REPLIES 2
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor

I have one of those too, and your sure, they give a lot of issues with vista! ...if you want it working good you need to patch it at all, or downgrade to windows XP.
The problem with the camera is normal ..., you need to uninstall the camera and uninstall the software related to it, after that turn on the machine to recognize the camera, and after that install software to make it works.
The problem with the updates, hmmm so weird, probably you have some license issue, because with my license I can update perfectly, another thing I did was remove the norton and install kaspersly, actually this one works perfectly with it.

well partner, those are my recommendations ..., if you want to work good, change the OS.

Best regards,

Marc0
Just unplug and plug in again ....
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor

hmm, and the audio ..., the audio could give you issues too ...
Just unplug and plug in again ....