1752847 Members
3647 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems with printer margins on HP UX 10.20

limaD
Visitor

Problems with printer margins on HP UX 10.20

Hello! At the company where I work, we have a samsung printer, model m5010 and install it on a zeiss measuring machine, which uses hp ux 10.20. We have a margin problem, from which he exceeds the margin and ends up not printing all the information, missing the corner parts. Does anyone know how to adjust the margins or know if there is a samsung driver for hp ux? (We are using a generic driver.) Thank you very much in advance! Sorry for any English error, I'm using google translator.

8 REPLIES 8
KishJ
HPE Pro

Greetings,

Installing the latest and OS specific driver will be the first requirement to ensure expected quality print.

Please use this link to HP site - https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/samsung-ml-5010-laser-printer-series/16462384

Click on "Choose a different OS" and then select UNIX and HP-UX to download driver specific to the OS.

You may also explore the "troubleshooting" link in the same website.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

limaD
Visitor

Hello!

The driver in my region does not appear to download the HP UX. Thanks!

Now, how do I download and install it on this OS?

Best Regards

KishJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

Irrespective of the region, that link should allow download of "drivers" 

I am afraid, I don't know of any other reliable source to download. Not sure if you can find any at the "Samsung" website. You can do your own research or contact the respective support.

For further help with HP-UX, it is better that you contact HPE HP-UX Support or your Account Manager or Technical Support Manager (depending on your contract).

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

This will require consulting to fix the problem.  HP-UX does not have drivers like a PC.  It depends on what printing codes are being sent to the printer. Printer codes might be Postscript or PCL or something else. HP-UX 10.20 was obsolete and unsupported (more than 20 years) before this printer was available. If this system worked in the past, try locating a replacement printer that is known to work.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
limaD
Visitor

Hello! This unfortunately happens. No HP website in Brazil does not have an HP UX driver, but if you change the region, it appears. I managed to download the driver, the problem is how I will send the file to the machine and install it. It is in tar.gz format. Could you help me?

Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

Like Bill said, there is not going to be a HP-UX 10.20 patch for this printer. If you try to put 11.00, 11.11, 11.23, or 11.31 stuff on 10.20, its going to freak out. You are wasting your time going down that road. The m5010 printer was made 20 years after 10.20 last update. If you are using 10.20, I would suggest, use your existing generic driver and figure it out from there. Maybe play around withe soft keys on the printer.

Jesse
Cypress Technology Inc
Re-Sellers of older HP 3000/9000 Hardware

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

...HP-UX driver...

The .gz extension means that the file is in gzip format. You can uncompress this file by using the command: gunzip

The gzip program is not part of HP-UX, hopefully you have a copy in /usr/contrib/bi or /usr/local/bin.
Also, hopefuly there are detailed instructions for this file and how to add it to HP-UX 1.0.20.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

So I located the manual for this printer: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05786569
The manual above says that the page margins can be be changed in the EMULATION section (page 60).

Try that as a solution. No driver needed.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin