1752424 Members
4795 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proccess System Management Homepage

j-diaz
Occasional Contributor

Proccess System Management Homepage

Hi everyone, I don't know if this question goes here, so thanks if someone move it to the right forum.

I was trying to display user list using the Graphical Interface of System Management Homepage, in the auditing section, I saw that the command that was running was /usr/sam/lbin/samx -s ts_users /usr/sam/lib/C/ts.ui but the page din´t load.

After a fer hours the person called me and told me that the /var was at 100%, after looking I didn't find anything cosuming disk space but in the proccess list was this command still executing /usr/sam/lbin/samx -s ts_users /usr/sam/lib/C/ts.ui so I killed it and when I execute bdf var directory had free space again.

I was wondering if someone knows why this can happen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Process System Management Homepage

>/var was at 100%, I didn't find anything consuming disk space ... so I killed it and /var had free space again.

This can happen if an open file is unlinked.  The file space is actually freed when the process exits.

You could use lsof to find this unlinked file.

GregSB
Occasional Advisor

Re: Proccess System Management Homepage

Hello,

As already recommended the lsof utility can be used to see the samx process's open files.   However, this sounds very much like a known problem for HP-UX 11.31 (QXCR1000850833), where samx can create a very large file under /var/opt/hpsmh/session/###/.   

If the above symtoms match then installing the following sam and OBAM patches (or later) should resolve this problem:

• PHCO_41865: 11.31 cumulative SAM patch

• PHSS_41582: 11.31 cumulative OBAM patch

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Greg Blackmer

I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details