General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Resource Manager don't work as it should

jormarcha
Advisor

Process Resource Manager don't work as it should

Hi to all and first, sorry my bad english

I'm configuring /etc/prmconf but when enabled it and try to prove the load of my processor or memory the configuration has not effect.

I'm created a new group called "NUEVO" with the 99% resources to this group. (more or less). The rest of the resource (1%) is for the group "OTHERS", and asing two comands (dd and file) to this group.

To prove the load I run the next command:
"dd if=/dev/zero of=/carga/file"
but the load of my computer is the same whith PRM enable or not.

My system:
#prmconfig -V
HP PRM C.03.04 (20080327_132227) hpux_11.23

I attached the /etc/prmconf


thanks in advance
1 REPLY
Kenan Erdey
Honored Contributor

Re: Process Resource Manager don't work as it should

Hi,

if you just want command dd spend less resource, run it with nice command. give less priority.

if you want to do it with prm you can use PSET groups instead of FSS groups. because FSS groups can barrow CPU cycles from others when heavily loaded because your other group is ok with CPU.

Kenan.
Computers have lots of memory but no imagination