4980 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procob for Oracle10g

Ankit Grover
Frequent Advisor

Procob for Oracle10g

Dear experts,

With your help I have crossed most of the hurdles. Now I need ur help again to cross next one.

Our application is written in COBOL. For DB connectivity, I need to re-compile all the Pro-COBOL programs with PROCOB of Oracle10g. But there is no such executable in BIN folder of Oracle10g.

I checked with the guy who did the installation. He said that he has done full installation. What need to be done now?

Yoggeeraj, Santosh, any clue?

Regards,
Ankit
5 REPLIES 5
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Ankit,
can't find the officail oracle doc at the moment, so:
http://www.filibeto.org/sun/lib/nonsun/oracle/10.2.0.1.0/B19306_01/server.102/b15658/prcmp_cll_int.htm

Were the pre-compilers installed ?
At a worst do a : find / -name '*procob*'
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Ankit,

Precompilers are available on DVD2.

To verify if it has been installed, you can launch the Oracle Installer and verify all installed products.

If it is not found there, to correctly install precompilers, do the following:

1) Run DVD2
2) Choose to install the Oracle Client 'Custom' option

3) From 'Available Product Components' screen select 'Oracle Programmer 10.2.0.1.0'. There is no choice as to which precompilers it will install, rather, this will install all of the precompilers, including pro*c and pro*cobol.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to install the Oracle samples, select the "Companion" option (on dvd1)
and choose the "Oracle Database 10g Products 10.2.0.1.0" install option

Hope this helps!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Ankit Grover
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Yogeeraj.
I have asked for the DVDs. Will get back to you if there is any progress.
Ankit Grover
Frequent Advisor

Our product group is saying that they have got only 1 DVD for oracle10g installation on HP Itanium server containing 2 zipped folders: database & cluster.
The other related DVD they have is for client installation.

Should I try it by downloading standard edition available on Oracle website?
Ankit Grover
Frequent Advisor

FInally, I was ablr to download the Oracle10g client installation and install the procob compilers on my server.

But the problems does not seem to be coming to an end. After the installation, I am not able to login to Oracle10g DB if the OS user is other than Oracle.

While I am able to login to ODB as sysdba as well as normal user if my OS user is Oracle, I am not able to login through any user in case I try through any other OS user.

SYSDBA option give following error:

/home/fnsonlx3>sqlplus sys as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on Mon May 7 15:56:54 2007
Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.

Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-09925: Unable to create audit trail file

In case of normal user, the error is:

/home/fnsonlx3>sqlplus fnsonlx3/password

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on Mon May 7 17:24:13 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.

ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27121: unable to determine size of shared memory segment
HPUX-ia64 Error: 13: Permission denied

One more thing, I am able to login through other servers also by using connection identifier:
/home/fnsonln1>sqlplus fnsonln1/fnsonln1@rcbo10g

Looks like the case of OS file permissions again. But not sure about the files on which permissions is required to be given to other users.

Regards,
Ankit