Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Servers KPI

Madanagopalan S
Frequent Advisor

Production Servers KPI

We are in the process of developing KPI (key performance indicators) for our Production HP Servers. Hope someone is already experienced/developed such documents. I will
be thankful if you can able to provide me the
template.
let Start to create peaceful and happy world
2 REPLIES
Tom Geudens
Honored Contributor

Re: Production Servers KPI

Hi,
I haven't made the kpi's (I should :-), but when I do I'll use http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/files/unprotected/devresource/Docs/TechPapers/UXPerfCookBook.pdf as a reference.
True, the indicators in the document are troubleshooting indicators indicating performance bottlenecks ... but it's not a bad place to start ...

Hope this helps,
Tom
A life ? Cool ! Where can I download one of those from ?
Jeff Machols
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Production Servers KPI

Here is a list of messages we look for to monitor problems as well as monitoring downtime and load avergae

Messages containing the following patterns are considered problems:
??? mpc_bindlwp:
??? ^NOTICE\s*:
??? Service Note No.:
??? ^LVM\s*:
??? ^SLVM\s*:
??? DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM WARNING:
??? ^btlan\d*(:| init:)
??? ^ALERT:
??? ^NFS server
??? file system full
??? sysmap: rmap ovflo
??? ^vxfs\s*:
??? ^WARNING:
??? ^Warning:
??? ^SCSI TAPE:
??? Unable to access previously accessed device
??? ^power:
??? 'World-wide name' \(unique identifier\) for device
??? ^file: table is full
??? ^Disk at [\.\/\d]+ is not responding
??? Detected Low Priority Machine Check.
??? ^SCSI: