New Discussion юеВ

Products for Oracle Financials Upgrade to 11i

SOLVED
Go to solution
patrick_119
Advisor

Products for Oracle Financials Upgrade to 11i

Hi,

Urgently need some help. We need the following products to be installed on an HP UX rp5470 box running B.11.11

1. Auxiliary-Opt B.11.11
2. C-ANSI-C B.11.11.04
3. aCC compiler (we have HPaC++ compiler)
4. fortran 77 compiler

these are supposed to be pre-requisite for the oracle upgrade. I cannot find these products anywhere. Can anyone please point me in the right direction. I searched on the June 2003 application cd and also on the software depot but could not find the exact product specs.

The oracle consultant insists that the patches PHSS_28435, PHSS_26792 and PHSS_26793 are applied to the server and these patches can only be applied if the base filesets are installed (obviously). I know .. we are working anti-clockwise it seems to me, but that's the way it is.

Please help, help help, the heat is on.

Thanks very much,

Regards,

Pat
3 REPLIES 3
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Products for Oracle Financials Upgrade to 11i

Your consultant is correct in that PHSS_28435 could not be applied if the Auxiliary-Opt B.11.11 product wasn't installed. You can check using swlist.

swlist -l fileset|grep Aux
(also look under /opt/langtools)

Same thing with PHSS_26792, you should already have the ANSI-C compiler installed

swlist -l product | grep ANSI
(also look under /opt/ansic)

The final patch, PHSS_26793 affects 3 different products, but is replacing some files under /opt/langtools.

If you have the aCC compiler it would typically be installed under /opt/aCC.

As far as requirements for Oracle Applications, you definitely need #2. I believe #1 gets installed automatically after you purchase/install #2. #3, the C++ compiler is only needed for a few of the Order Management (?) modules. And I have never seen a requirement that you have a Fortran compiler for any Oracle module.

Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
patrick_119
Advisor

Thanks a million Jim for your reply and experience.

Can i say that purchasing the HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for Servers would solve our problems.The TOC for this product lists the following :

├В┬╖A C compiler based on the International ANSI/ISO Standard, includes:
o C-ANSI-C
o C-Dev-Tools
o C-Analysis-Tools
o Auxiliary-Opt

├В┬╖HP DDE Distributed Debugging Environment, includes:
o DDE
o DebugPrg
o XDB

├В┬╖Standard C Library

├В┬╖ The HP-UX Developer's Toolkit with API libraries for graphics and multimedia application development, includes:
o X11MotifDevKit
o ImagingDevKit
o AudioDevKit
o CDEDevKit

R
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

Yes, the C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle is an absolute requirement, and must be purchased if you dont already have it...

I have the following installed on my 11.11 servers that run our Oracle 11i instances...

B3901BA B.11.11.06 HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for HP-UX 11.i (S800)
B3913DB C.03.37.01 HP aC++ Compiler (S800)
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...