Operating System - Linux
1752589 Members
4313 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML330 G2 and Linux Mandrake9.2

Jan_61

Proliant ML330 G2 and Linux Mandrake9.2

I've just try to install Linux Mandrake 9.2 on a Proliant ML330 G2 and I got a major problem : i've formated the HardDisk Drive and now when i boot it didn't recognize anymore the CD Drive... So I can't do the install and the "Install CD" is stock in the CD-Drive.... I need help to make the server recongnize the CD-DRIVE and to install Mandrake 9.2 (if it's possible)....
3 REPLIES 3
Vernon Brown_4
Trusted Contributor

Re: Proliant ML330 G2 and Linux Mandrake9.2

You might need to go into Setup by hitting the F1 key and changing the boot device sequence. Your CD should be on top or just under Floppy.
Jan_61

No in fact i found the origin of the problem: it's a known LG CD-rom driver bug with Mandrake 9.2 (cf http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/lgerrata.php3) ...

The CD-ROM is really erased, i have to reinstall it via an Bootable Floppy disk ... I try but i can't for the moment...
Jan_61

So i 've tried the LG procedure to re-install the Cd-rom drive but it don't work ...

So i think that the last solution is to re-install the entire bios...

So can someone told me what are the important things to know when you want to re-install the bios for a Compaq Proliant ML330 G2 Server???? I've never done it before...