1752736 Members
5662 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

QUIRK (?)

Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

QUIRK (?)

Thanks again for all the help. However I have discovered a quirk that you may be able to help me with also: When using the "X -query hostname" command, the CDE desktop returned doesn't respond to the CAPS LOCK key. I can hold down the shift key and type uppercase letters, but I only get all lowercase letters when using CAPS LOCK. I know there is some kind of quirk with X terminals themselves, because when a user logs out, the CAPS LOCK gets turned off automatically. Is there a setting within CDE to remedy this? (It may seem trivial, but I have several hundred users, all with an all CAPS user/pass and they been trained a certain way for years...) (and yes, all the hardware, etc works just fine - CAPS LOCKS works everywhere but the CDE desktop)
if only we knew...
2 REPLIES 2
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Re: QUIRK (?)

You might want to look at the XInput stuff for keyboards, and the X translation tables (with 'xmodmap').

I've not played with them myself, but there was a post here a few weeks (months? I loose track of time pretty easily) which fixed a similar issue thus.

(specificly "xmodmap -e 'add lock = Caps_Lock'" ?)
One long-haired git at your service...
Tim Howell
Frequent Advisor

Re: QUIRK (?)

Thanks for the response, but I could not get this to work either...
if only we knew...