Operating System - Microsoft
1751832 Members
5361 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Quickplay for XP since I uninstalled Vista

FrankIonian

Quickplay for XP since I uninstalled Vista

I have a dv2210us notebook. It came pre-installed with Vista. Since Vista is still a massive mess and I'm having tons of compatibility problems, I uninstalled it and re-installed a copy of XP on my machine. Everything is now working perfectly except quickplay. When I contacted HP they told me that Quickplay is only available on the pre-install disks. They said that since my machine came pre-installed with vista they can't help me or give me a copy of quickplay for XP. I can only get vista related items and software. Ugh! Can anyone help fill me in on how to get quickplay working on my now xp machine since HP won't help? Thanks.
Frank
2 REPLIES 2
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quickplay for XP since I uninstalled Vista

That sounds about par for the course. Leave it up to the big corporations to know what you want and need better than you do. After all, we are just the consumer, what do we know about what we want?

I can't say I have a perfect solution for you, but the first thing that comes to mind when I read your story is simply that you might have some luck trying out the Torrents.

Bittorrent is one of the many torrent programs that enables you to access these downloads (and the price is right (FREE!) for the torrent software).

If you run a quick search via your favorite search engine, you should be able to find several torrent trackers. Don't stop with the first one or two. It may very well take 15+ to find the software you are searching for, but it beats not finding it at all.

So the unconditional force to Vista is already underway. Scary...
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Re: Quickplay for XP since I uninstalled Vista

(First - John, I agree with everything you said).

Frank,

First take a look at this to be sure the model number you gave is correct:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3340125&os=228тМй=en&docname=c00033108

Second, if this model came with XP in the past, then you should be able to get a set of XP restore CDs for it. I've never ordered a set, but from posts I see in the forums, they run around $30.00.

Once you have that, see this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c00297718&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Pat