4834 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

RAW 9100 Protocol /w HP LaserJet 404n AND Extended Print Tray

12amoore
Visitor

RAW 9100 Protocol /w HP LaserJet 404n AND Extended Print Tray

Hi All,

Hopefully I am in the right place but I feel like my question is such a niche and scarce issue. We use super old XP machines as print servers in our server room. We use RAW 9100 protocol to send jobs to various printers. We bought an HP LaserJet 404n and it printed fine with no tray extender. As soon as we add the tray extender the jobs literally don't do anything. they are sent buy nothing prints like they are instantly trashed.

Printing from Word, or excel or notepad the jobs are sent and printed. As soon as the tray comes off it prints from the RAW 9100 protocol prints with no issue. I am stumped. Anyone have any advice?

1 REPLY 1
Vajith V
HPE Pro

Re: RAW 9100 Protocol /w HP LaserJet 404n AND Extended Print Tray

Hello,

You might be on the wrong company’s web site. Since late 2015, Hewlett Packard Enterprise  (HPE) is a separate company from HP Inc (HP Inc) and HPE focused on servers, storage, and networking within IT environments. For HP Inc products, you may have to register and post in the HP Support Forums: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/ or please visit www.hp.com.

Regards,
Vajith

I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo